Public Inquiries Solicitor
Position: Public Inquiries Solicitor – NQ-2 yr PQE.
Contract type: 12 months (fixed term, with the possibility of conversion to a permanent role).
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience.
Hours: 9:30-17:30 Monday to Friday.
Closing date: 9 February 2024.
About the Saunders Law public inquiries team
At Saunders Law we are well known for our inquiry work, acting for both individuals and organisations. We do not act for the Government or public authorities and are dedicated to representing those who are seeking justice from the state. Our experienced team has decades of experience advising clients in connection with the most high-profile public inquiries, and are currently representing Core Participants in the Grenfell Tower Inquiry, the Undercover Police Inquiry, the Infected Blood Inquiry and the UK Covid-19 Inquiry.
About the role
We are currently looking for a qualified solicitor to join and assist the Inquiry team in representing Core Participant clients in the UK Covid-19 Inquiry, as well as other public inquiries where necessary. As part of the role, you will be expected to:
- Assist with the review and critical analysis of disclosure.
- Draft documentation and correspondence.
- Liaise with clients to take instructions, answer queries and provide support and regular updates.
- Liaise with counsel assisting on the case, including through the drafting of instructions.
- Attend client meetings and/or Inquiry hearings, where necessary.
- Manage your time effectively across multiple tasks and workstreams, reprioritising to meet deadlines as required.
- Assist in supervising work delegated to paralegals and/or trainees as necessary.
- Ensure that your work is in accordance with the firm’s documented procedures and your professional obligations.
- Experience of working with Core Participants to public inquiries.
- Experience working on large-scale disclosure exercises or equivalent.
- Proficiency with the Relativity portal.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected]