Saunders Law success continues with another record deletion
Our client was wrongfully issued a caution for common assault and assault of a constable. Both offences were at a pub following the consumption of alcohol.
After nearly fourteen years, our client instructed us to make an application for caution removal. After reviewing the documentation received from both the police and ACRO, Saunders Law made an application for record deletion under the ground that it was no longer in the public interest to retain the caution on her record.
Under the ground of ‘Public Interest’, we made the following arguments:
- Our client was young at the time of the incident and naïve,
- She was intoxicated at the time of the incidents,
- She was never informed of the implications of a police caution,
- She is a single parent struggling financially and cannot progress her career due to the police caution, and
- The police caution was preventing her from volunteering at her children’s school.
Saunders Law made the application in March 2023 and were notified of the successful outcome in August 2023.