If you have suffered wrongs or ill-treatment at the hands of the state, we can help you to obtain justice and hold the state to account.
We regularly assist those who have suffered some of the most serious abuse obtain justice and pride ourselves on building strong, trust-based relationships with our clients. We understand that ill-treatment by those in positions of authority and trust can be particularly traumatic; our solicitors are experienced at dealing sensitively with difficult issues and will be able to advise and support you throughout the legal process.
We are nationally recognised for our leading work in this complex area of law. Our work in this area is wide ranging and may include:
- Securing compensation for clients who suffer loss or injury as a result of police misconduct, including police assault, unlawful stop and search, unlawful arrest or seizure of goods, false imprisonment, and unlawful disclosures.
- Helping the families of those who have died following contact with the police or other public bodies through representation at inquests into their deaths.
- Representing prisoners who have been subject to unlawful treatment whilst in custody, such as assaults by prison staff and/or other prisoners, strip searches, negligent treatment, lack of medical care, and being detained for longer than their sentence.
- Challenging decisions of the police and/or Crown Prosecution Service in relation to failures to prosecute alleged perpetrators of crimes. We regularly represent victims of sexual assault in trying to secure prosecutions.
- Assisting individuals in complaints and obtaining disciplinary action against police officers for misconduct and breaches of their professional duties.
- Helping clients who have been unlawfully detained by immigration authorities and securing compensation for their detention.
- Challenging decisions of public bodies by way of Judicial Review.
Saunders Law - Protecting & Enforcing Our Clients’ Rights
At Saunders Law, we’re dedicated to protecting civil liberties and restoring the balance of power between the state and individuals. We’re well-known for our high-profile work and tirelessly fighting our clients’ corners.
We are ranked as a leading firm in The Legal 500 for Civil Liberties and Human Rights, and Administrative and Public Law, and in Chambers & Partners for Police Law: Mainly Claimant.
Operating from offices near the High Court in central London, we’re ideally located to handle claims against the state. For a free, no-obligation, initial discussion of how we may be able to help you make a claim, please contact us today.