Nina works as a Solicitor in the firm’s Human Rights Team on cases involving failings and misconduct within the criminal justice system and state detention.
Since joining Saunders Law in September 2020, Nina has developed specialised expertise in actions against the police and state bodies, with a strong background in pursuing civil claims and complaints encompassing:
- Assault, use of excessive force, unlawful arrest, malicious prosecution and unlawful strip searches by prison and police officers
- Discrimination and harassment based on race, religion, gender reassignment, gender and disability
- Breaches of privacy, data protection and the GDPR
- Challenges under the Victims' Right to Review (VRR) Scheme, representing individuals who have been victims of crime
- Breaches of the Human Rights Act
Nina also possesses specific expertise in the following legal proceedings:
- Inquests into the deaths of individuals following contact with police, prison and other state bodies
- Judicial Review challenges of unlawful decisions by state bodies
Before joining Saunders Law, Nina worked as a Paralegal in the Actions against the Police Department at a well-regarded law firm. She earned her Graduate Diploma in Law from City University of London in 2019. Her academic background includes a bachelor's degree in Political Science from the Freie Universität Berlin, during which she was awarded an Erasmus Scholarship to study at University College London from 2015 to 2016.
During her law conversion course, Nina dedicated her time to volunteering at the No5 Chambers Immigration Human Rights Project, where she co-authored a report for the Bail Observation Project, collecting data on immigration bail hearings. Additionally, she volunteered for a charity supporting unaccompanied migrant and asylum-seeking children in Berlin, Germany, alongside her undergraduate studies. Nina is committed to assisting clients whose human rights have been breached and holding the state to account.
Nina is a member of the Police Actions Lawyers Group (PALG) and Inquest Lawyers Group (ILG). She is fluent in German.