We are committed to providing a courteous, timely, high quality legal service at a reasonable cost to our clients. If something goes wrong however we need you to tell us about it so we can improve our service.
If we make a mistake, we want to recognise this and make amends.
Our complaints procedure
Consistent with the importance that we attach to any complaint from a client, all complaints are the responsibility of our partner, James Saunders.
If you have a complaint therefore, please contact:
- James Saunders
- Saunders Law
- Hamilton House
- 1 Temple Avenue
- EC4Y 0HA
What will happen next?
- We will write to you within 7 days of receipt, acknowledging your complaint and if necessary to fully understand your complaint, asking you to confirm or explain the details set out. We will record your complaint in a central register and open a file for it.
- James Saunders will thoroughly investigate your complaint. This will involve us asking the member(s) of staff or partner(s) who acted for you to report, and thoroughly reviewing the file. He will write to you with a detailed response to your complaint, including any suggestions for resolving the matter, within 28 days if possible, but in any event as soon as possible.
- If appropriate, in our full response, we may invite you to meet James Saunders at our office to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint, and then write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions agreed with you.
- If you are not satisfied with the reply to your complaint you may contact us again, setting out the matters in issue, and we will arrange for a different partner to review the decision. The review will take place within 14 days of you asking us for it.
- In the interests of objectivity, should a complaint be made against James Saunders, another partner would be asked to deal with it instead of him, but otherwise applying this policy.
- If following any review you remain dissatisfied you may appeal against its findings to:
- The Legal Ombudsman
- PO Box 15870
- B30 9EB.
- Telephone +44 300 555 0333