Saunders Law is a niche litigation firm, in the heart of legal London. Our people are at the heart of our success.
Our collegiate and down-to-earth approach is designed to make sure that every member of staff is supported and can achieve their potential. In all aspects of recruitment, we look for people who bring energy, enthusiasm and a commitment to the very best client care.
We are always keen to hear from qualified lawyers and / or consultants who are interested in working with us. Speculative CVs can be emailed, in confidence, to Matthew Purcell.
We are unable to offer work experience or vacation placements and the firm recruits its trainee solicitors from its paralegal intake. Sadly, due to the volume of enquiries we receive, we cannot always respond to speculative CVs for such roles.
Personal Injury Solicitor
Saunders Law seeks a solicitor to join the civil liberties department on a 12 month contract. The candidate will undertake work on the Hillsborough victims compensation scheme and should have experience in the civil claims against the police and/or personal injury.
The ideal candidate will be qualified with 0 to 3 years PQE or equivalent. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, busy and expanding department. We are ranked in Chambers and Partners and the Legal 500. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, training and support.
To apply, please email your CV with a covering letter including details of current salary and notice period to firstname.lastname@example.org
Saunders Law are a London based firm looking for a Legal Costs Draftsperson to work in and run the Costs function for the firm.
This role can be office based or home based, with time in the office as required to deal with matters.
The successful applicant will be responsible for a range of varied and exciting duties in relation to Personal Injury, Commercial Litigation, and Public Law cases, which include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting and preparing Precedent H Costs Budgets and Budget discussion reports, including but not limited to Legal Aid work
- Dealing with N260s, N265s
- Issuing Part 8 proceedings and drafting N252s for formal bill service
- Seeing litigation of bills through the court process
- Dealing with fixed costs and PI claims.
- Attending CCMCs and Detailed Assessment Hearings,
- Considering Points of Dispute and drafting Points of Reply
- Advocacy duties at court, if necessary
- Providing training, guidance and supervision to other members of staff,
- Dealing with provisional/detailed assessment hearings including preparing bundles
- Post-assessment work including calculation of assessment figures and oral reviews
- Dealing with administrative tasks as required
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other duties as reasonably required.
To be successful you need to be an organised person who can work to strict deadlines. In addition, you must have attention to details and possess excellent communication skills.
Key Skills Required
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years’ experience in drafting legal aid and Inter partes bills
- Strong knowledge of case law and Civil Procedure Rules
- The ability to meet targets and work under pressure with high turnaround workload
- The ability to risk assess offers and utilise case law to resolve disputes
- Demonstrate passion and experience in a Costs Law
- A strong academic background i.e preferably with a Law degree
- Legal experience as a Costs Draftsmen & or a Costs Lawyer
- Clear understanding and application of the civil procedure rules relating to costs
- Costs Negotiations Experience;
- Advocacy skills helpful but not essential.
- Excellent communications skills to work effectively with all types of people
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills and ability to use own initiative but know when to seek guidance
- Committed team player, self -motivated and professional
Salary for this position is dependant on experience with remote working so can be based anywhere, package includes 22 days rising to 25 days with length of service and private healthcare.